Exhaust input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting rattling sound from exhaust my guess it's the cat. Cat is original to this 02 with 137k miles on it. Last owner put a flowmaster on her, but it's seen better days. So plain is to buy new exhaust, replace cat and muffler and pipe since that is shot is several areas. I'm on the fence of output, not sure if I want single exit infront of rear tire, dual exit out the sides, or dump it under truck. Also not sure whether I want the same flowmaster (I do like sound), or go with a more aggressive sound.

I have read high flow cats are the way to go so that's what I plain to do. While I am at it replace it with a new better Y pipe and then be set.

Question I have:

1. Are there any pros/cons on where the exhaust dumps?
2. Are there any pros/cons if I have a single output vs dual?
3. Bolt on or weld?
4. Recommendations on cat?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you just dump it before the axel it will tend to hear it more in the cab. I've had.
Mine dumped before the axel for sometime, an I love how it's hidden but plan to make it go past axel then dump it.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys recommend any specific brand for a high flow cat? And questions 2/3?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your gonna dump it or do a hidden setup I'd feel dual out is pointless an more for looks. Could be wrong tho, I've heard of magnaflow hi flow cats, I'd prob do a bolt on just cause sometimes I need to get the exhaust out the way for pulling out my smoked trans

Trillwizzard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i would gut the original cat leave it part of the exhaust if your worried about it, the longer the piping the cleaner it will sound shorter louder, but not necessarily a good loud. Just my opinion

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just get this annoying rattle sound so I'm assuming cat is bag and figure to just replace and since I have read the 4.7 does better with high flow cat might as well get.