i'm lost. got an o2 sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FRAN_12F

Reaction score
Ram Year
04 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
okay i have a 2004 dodge 1500 hemi. the thing is i've had codes for my upstream o2s and i finally changed them this past weekend. sweet right? cel went out no problems gas mileage went back up i was a happy camper. than driving the other day my cel came back on checked it and two new codes came up that i havent had before p0420 and p0430 the cats are below threshold. so my question is why all of a sudden since i changed my two o2s before the cats make these codes pop up or are my cats cashed? everything is stock. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my take on it was with the failed O2 you have now partly plugged your cat or the cat was plugged before but due to a bad O2 the pcm could not determine the fault as it could not read the O2

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On a side not a cat will almost never fail if an engine is running well the biggest killer of cats is silicone from the headgasket or a coolent system overheat next is running too much un burnt fuel threw them you can get a flush that has id say a 70 30 sucsess rate of cleanning up your cat its called cat clean but if that does not work you got 2 options replace the cat or gut it and deal with the cel