interchangeable muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys ive got a question im running super 10's and they sound good but I also like 40's so is there a way that I could make them interchangeable like adding flanges or just using exhaust clamps? The 10's are way shorter than 40's so I know id have weld some sort of spacing pipe onto them does anyone have any suggestions or have done it themselves? Thanks

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The best thing would be to get V Clamp flanges. They are designed to be 'serviceable'.
They come apart with ease and seal without gaskets.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok if you want to be able to adjust your exhaust pressure and sound this would be a much better solution: SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust

Using 2 of those if you have dual exhaust would give you some massive tuning potentials. I ran one on my Nissan for years and the ability to tune it was awesome. I may even get a pair for my truck soon depends upon when the current mufflers I have decide to bust open.

OP
OP
FlaglerMegacab4x4

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not looking for anything like that just the best way to be able to run 10's one day and then unbolt them slide them out and bolt up 40's the next

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
If your gonna be changing it alot then have collector flanges welded to the pipes for the 40 series and then have a longer section of pipe put on the 10 series with a collector flange also. Thats the quickest and esiest way and all you will have to change will be the gaskets each time if they break or crack during the changes.

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your gonna be changing it alot then have collector flanges welded to the pipes for the 40 series and then have a longer section of pipe put on the 10 series with a collector flange also. Thats the quickest and esiest way and all you will have to change will be the gaskets each time if they break or crack during the changes.

You can also use these http://www.summitracing.com/search/...pe/exhaust-ball-flange-kits?retaillocation=oh, a little pricey though, so you might want to go to your exhaust guy and have him make them.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
The ball falnges are a good option also. Just have to make sure they are clean because them seating sometimes is a cluster.