Interchangeable sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hector Alejandro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an 05 5.7 hemi with 210k miles. By no means am I a mechanic. I am a learn as I go when it comes to fixing my truck and been able to figure things out for the most part. This forum site has actually helped me out a great deal and thank you everyone for that.
Few weeks ago my truck did a crank no start on me. I had a few codes pop up 0688,1684,0085,0101,0684, 0882, 0706, and a bunch of sensor codes. Some of them old but I don't remember which ones. I had the battery and the starter tested with both results came back good to go. When I put them back the normal crank sound went away, it turned into a hissing crank sound. So I had the alternator tested with the result saying it is good to go. I went to three different places with each part to get tested. Then I cleaned off all the grounds, pretty sure I got them all. I made sure the plugs to the PCM and the TCM are in good shape and securely plugged in. I am not too sure where the ECM is though. I even checked the voltage and continuity for every pin on the TCM then realized that I don't know where the numbers to each pin should be at anyways. But the truck started up for me. The red lightning bolt and the engine light went off. No codes are showing but it still feels a little off. There is a click coming from a plug that comes off of the fuel rail ( I don't know what the plug is for and I am pretty sure that the skinny rail on top of the engine with plugs coming off it is the fuel rail?). Also another click coming from top of the transmission, not really able to see or tell exactly what or where. Had a rebuilt transmission put in around 190k miles, if that is relevant at all. I am not too sure where to go from here. The truck runs again right now but nervous to test drive it, pretty heavy to push home by myself. Would rather get the clicking to go away and feel normal again before any driving.
I do have an 03 5.9 3500 sitting in the back that I been selling parts off of. Would I be able to pull sensors from that and put them on my 1500?
Thanks again, everybody on this site helps out guys like me way more than you know.