new computer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Im looking to get a new computer or maybe a "piggy back" for the stock one. My buddies dad brought up this new mod and i really like the idea. He has heard of a computer in which you have 2 settings. One setting is the economical where it cuts back power and everything as the other setting is balls to the wall opens everything. Guy has something like that where it opens his enjectors letting more fuel in just with a button and man once you press that button its like its gaining 40more horses. But he said they make conputers that can do more then just that.
Unfortunatly he was in a real bad accident and cant remember anything more about it. Guy is a mechanical genious though. He thought he was in 1979 and still knew more than i could ever know.

I talk to much. Anyway thought someone here might know something about this? I know there are superchips, but im looking to replace the whole damn computer or set something up to it to enhance it.

Thanks
Nick

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
just get a programmer. unless your going to go heavy in engine mods something like that isnt worth the money

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just get a superchips or diablo/sct and have hemifever or any number of reccomended tuners to make you a custom tune...

what your talking about would be expensive and fairly useless when the aforementioned idea^ will be the same if not better.

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
The guy is right but generally on these trucks the piggy back setup is reserved for those guys running massive cams, nitrous, boost or all 3. IMO go with one of the basic hand helds.