The new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gren71

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another new guy here!

Unless something goes catastrophically wrong I will be pulling the trigger on a 23 ram 1500 big horn with the tow package and some other goodies. Ive been a Jeep guy my entire life and have had a Gladiator sicne they were released in 2019. I pull a 6k lbs travel trailer all over the place with the JT and have absolutley LOVED that truck. My family has just outgrown it and we needed more payload and room for traveling, so I have to convert to a full size truck. Coming from the jeep world I am a wrench turner and not even a little afraid to tare the vehicle apart to install some new trinket or toy. But im hoping to stave off the itch to upgrade stuff for a while and just enjoy the stock truck since in its oem form it will be leaps and bounds over the JT in nearly every way...accept cool factor in the summer. Ill %100 miss going t0pless and doorless when its hot...but im more than sure Ill find and buy a used wrangler to sctatch that itch.

Im a HUGE fan of the secondary market so, I havent looked yet, but im hoping there is a thriving member marketplace here on the this forum.

Ill do my best to not repeat work by asking questions before searching through the forum first for the answer. Just know that sometimes its easier to ask it again, then sift through a thread with 100+ messages.

Ill add pictures and such of the JT with the camper and the new truck over the next couple days.

Last edited:

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome! There is definitely a lot of info on your new truck here. It's better people here then the JT forum :)

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! There is definitely a lot of info on your new truck here. It's better people here then the JT forum :)
thanks! Those fellas are wonderful, youve unintentionally set the bar very high haha

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Welcome! This forum will help you spend your money. :)

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like Bigger will be Better for your needs.

I'm still a newbie here, but have already benefited from some seriosly gòod information and advice.

Good luck with your final negoiations for your new workhorse.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
brought the new the new ram home the other day. Very nice to say the least!

Heres the old jeep and our travel trailer
IMG_1652.jpegIMG_1944.jpeg

And here is the new ride
IMG_2675.jpegIMG_2676.jpeg