Pacesetter install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally compiled some parts an plan to install them first weekend of November. Just wanting to know from others that have installed the pacesetter lt an ory setup what to expect, what to run into, an where I should weld the **** for the wideband.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 143

FL BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wheels and fender liners off. Should be easy since your not 4x4. I got the factory manifolds off with no broken bolts. Soak em good start the night before. My passenger side had one bolt hole off that was a pain n the ass. Had to file it out some was the top righ hole by the EGR port. Wide band maybe behind the y merge ? Matt or Kenny can help u there. It's worth every drop of sweat lol. Good luck

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On the tranny there is a tab that you will have to cut off. No big deal just a sawzaw will be able to cut it off. Need extenders for the rear O2 sensors.
Did you buy new cats? Otherwise you will have to opem the cats up to fit the piping.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
The alignment tabs on the passenger side was sticking into my header after it was sitting on the ground. Aside from that and the normal issues nothing to bad. That ORY though leaks like hell though.

OP
OP
ST-8

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not going to run cats. Already bought oem gaskets. Need to get some different clamps still.

05singlecabhemi thanks for the help!

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like we've got everything covered except what to do about the rear 02 sensors. Should we leave them unplugged? I've heard of leaving them connected and wrapping them in tinfoil and tucking the away nicely under the truck? Or just weld in some bungs for them and try to fool them with the old stacked sparkplug non-foulers?

I have 02 extensions from my longtubes. Might wanna weld the ORY completely though.

FL BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have mine wrapped in foil zip-tied under the truck. Don't like it but my truck sits in the driveway Monday through Friday. Gotta love the company truck, lol. No codes works fine but custom tune in the near future turn em off and cap the harnesses. Wouldn't leave them that way on a dd

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, it's a daily. Hopefully it'll be tuned sooner than later.

Another thing I noticed when looking at his ORY kit was every end of pipe was swaged for a slip joint. How hell does that work? Do cut an end off and then slip it in? I'll most likely weld it all anyways.

Last edited:

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have mine wrapped in foil zip-tied under the truck. Don't like it but my truck sits in the driveway Monday through Friday. Gotta love the company truck, lol. No codes works fine but custom tune in the near future turn em off and cap the harnesses. Wouldn't leave them that way on a dd

Theres several people running without the rear o2 sensors. Me being one of em. It wont harm anything if you do.

Camo Ram

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Yeah, it's a daily. Hopefully it'll be tuned sooner than later.

Another thing I noticed when looking at his ORY kit was every end of pipe was swaged for a slip joint. How hell does that work? Do cut an end off and then slip it in? I'll most likely weld it all anyways.

Did you have it pieced together right? The piping should have male and female ends. That's how mine was. I'd weld it all together but leave the ends that slip on the header collector slip on for easy removal in the future.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine

Mines been like that for about a year now with no issues

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe it was right. Mario might have had it laid out like that. Not sure, just looked at it quickly.

OP
OP
ST-8

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I just laid it out for a pic. Ill go check it out later today an see

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I have the 3" SS band clamps with 2 nuts holding onto my exhaust. The driver side first bend is the worst place they made a joint and I had that part welded, the rest is clamped so it can be pulled down in mins if needed.

OP
OP
ST-8

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ill have to look up some clamps. Will probably end up welding it all together besides where it meets the headers an muffler

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
If you have future work planned like heads or trans, you might re-consider slip joints with clamps.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Mine is welded except for where it attached to the collectors and the straight pipe to the muffler, real simple to pull off.

OP
OP
ST-8

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats how i envision my y will end up like truckin. where did you put your **** for wideband.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Check into the Dynomax 33278 pn# band clamps. With you being a 2wd having it welded like Ryan should work out for you since you will have more room. I know your asking Ryan about his A/F location but where mine is is right after the Y which is farther back then when I had it before the headers. You need to be a min of 18" from the last port. My A/F in that location read within .2 of the exhaust sniffer on the dyno so I feel good about mine being there.