Quote for ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I sent an email to a local ceramic coating place got quoted 250$ to do the headers and 100$ give or take to do the pacesetter y pipe. In the original email i sent him links to both

Your Header are going to cost $250 to ceramic coat in black ceramic (1800F) The Y pipe should be about $100, I can't really tell how long it is from the photo. The prices include sandblast and proper cleaning an a coat of black ceramic good for 1800F.

On moes site the option for ceramic is 130$ ( i sent the guy to a canadian site haha )
So it comes down to: is ~100$ a good deal to get the pacesetter offroad y ceramic coated? I have no clue. I would think if it is well done it is a good deal.
My problem is that 185$ for the pacesetter ORY is the right price but the wrong materiel. Hopefully by ceramic coating the ORY like the headers the aluminumized steel will last the life of the truck. Everything past the y will be stainless.

This shop is the closest i could find to my location by google, and had the nicest website of the 4 shops in the greater montreal area that i found.
I emailed last night and got a response at 5:51 am this morning, so far i like the service :p

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I got a quote from jethot which is /was local a few years back and they wanted $150 for the headers and $75-100 for the ORY. Pretty sure there is a do it yourself kit out there for cheap but I don't know if I'd trust it. On Somethings you get what you pay for.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seems reasonable to me as well. I was back an forth for the longest time about if I should get the ceramic coated headers. An I'm sure glad I did, I should of thought about doing that with the y pipe to but **** it now lol

OP
OP
hemihustlin

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah for sure you get what you pay for. Thats why i want to get these professionally done.
I think ceramic coated pacesetters are the affordable, intelligent solution to high priced stainless headers and ORY's

Pacesetter lt ceramic coat from moes = 430 + shipping
PS ORY from moes = 185 + shipping ( with headers)
Ceramic coat ORY = 100

Total = 715$ plus some shipping

The only thing that i dont like is that im gonna get this ory nicely coated and the the day of install once i get my cats in hand and opened up to 3" im gonna cut up and weld my nice ory. Ill paint the welds with some vht header paint but i still feel bad :p