Shudders when stopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rittel18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I've got an 05 hemi 5.7 lifted on 35s (I think) and just today when I was driving I noticed that when I am coming to a stop, about 10 feet or so from a stop sign/light or whatever there is a split second of vibration/shuddering. not violent, but noticeable. it was raining when I was driving today.

Also, for the past month or so, when I start the truck and take off I can drive for about a mile and my ABS and e brake light come on. If I drive for awhile on the hwy, sometimes they go off but come right back on a second later. I replaced the rear speed sensor a couple months ago.

last weekend, after driving 75 miles on the highway my passenger front hub went out and I had to have it towed and fixed.
Should I be worried about the shudder? what could it be?
Thanks

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Any vibrations noted when driving at speed?

Check all the lug nuts for proper torque first.

Then check the brake pads and rotors.

Lastly check all the steering bushings, links, track bar links, etc...to make sure they aren't loose or worn.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
My first guess would be warped rotors (which is common), but you said the hub blew out... When it went out did the wheel stay fairly strait or did it fold up into the fender? If it went in towards the inner fender the item to look at is the calipers, they more than likely got damaged with the hub blow out.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you feel that "shudder" in the pedal only? Does the truck have ABS brakes? If so you have a bad wheel speed sensor.