Spark plug question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to change my plugs soon because it is in need of it. At the same time I want to give the engine bay a real good detail since that is in need as well, problem though. When I had my truck get a new radiator put in, some coolant got on engine bay so the guy hosed it down with water to clean it off. Well when I went to pick it up I noticed my check engine light came on, it was do to water getting into one of the plugs. Now after awhile of driving it dried the water up and problem was solve. But I do not want this to happen again as I feel it's bad, so is there anything else I should change with plugs to seal it properly?

HeavyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 SOHC 5 SP Auto
the coil pack go down a hole in the intake/head, there's always going to be able to get something down there.

I did mine & there was oil in one of the holes but didn't throw a code.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The coil packs should seal all around and not let anything in. If you pull a coil pack out and there is anything down there with the spark plug, something is wrong

sylver91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Before I pull plugs I like to give a quick blow down the hole with some shop air to prevent any crap from dropping down. Word of advice is stand back with a rag or you may get a eye full of anti-freeze like I did.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even though the hemi coil packs are okay at sealing, I've had the same issue. I got Little wirey with the hose a while back and it ran like Crapo til the water was gone. Just avoid the plugs, cover your alternator and fuse box. And don't use a pressure washer. Just a medium stream, use some cleaner, let it sit, and hose it off. Dry up and wipe down what you can with some microfiber towels. Also some meguires(sp?) Back to black makes the plastic stuff look pretty nice.

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Before you put the wires back on use dielectric grease and that will keep out the moisture. You can get it at any parts store. It'll also helps in getting the wires off after they've been on there a while.