Spark plug part #

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Finally replaced the bad water pump and my U-joint that was about to turn my axle into a grenade, I can finally start taking preventative steps instead of just chasing issues.

I want to do plugs next but I want to be sure to get a good set. I've seen on the forum to avoid amazon and ebay due to knockoff NGKs. I've also heard though that RAMs tend to like the cheaper copper plugs like the OEMs, and that if you try a fancy performance set it can cause issues, any thoughts there?

I was hoping someone could give me the part # they have used that worked well for them. 09 2500 5.7 Hemi (yes it's a 3rd gen).

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
BUT....you have a 4th gen engine lol. You'll want SPLZFR5B13.

OP
OP
rzr6-4

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
BUT....you have a 4th gen engine lol. You'll want SPLZFR5B13.
2500 & 3500 got an extra year of the 3rd gen.... I wouldn't have mentioned it if I didn't know what I was saying. Its my profile pic, clearly a 3rd.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OP
OP
rzr6-4

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes I know smh....it's the oddball 3rd gen platform with a 4th gen engine. If you don't know that you have a 4th gen engine.....well maybe you don't know what you're saying. Regardless: https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=SPLZFR5B13

Elsewhere in the vehicle when I can't find the exact parts I usually order for an 08, so far that has worked well, haven't run into that issue yet on the motor so didn't realize the engine was a 4th. I knew the engine was a bit different than the 08s but didn't realize if was a full generation different.

Any reason why you use that part # (for the Durango) and not the OEM one?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Mopar spark plug numbers in the Parts Department
always have SP before the actual part number. SP = Spark Plug
so remove the SP & you will find the manufacture's number

SPLZFR5B13 becomes LZFR5B13,

LZFR5B13 is the number that you would look up when in Advance Auto, Autozone, Oriellys, etc.

I have found, that if the spark plugs are on the store shelf
If the plugs are in a box of 8, the part number is different than what is stamped in the spark plugs porcelain