8.4 Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spudy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello All.
Seem something online about an upgrade for siri to be used through the steering wheel controls. Went to uconnect website entered my vin and says i have an update. Been trying to manually do it but not having luck. Finding the file to download but mine comes as a .zip file with an .iso file in it. Not a .exe like the website says. Tried copying the iso to the thumb nothing. tried burning it to the thumb nothing and tried burning iso bootable to the thumb and nothing.

Any suggestions?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Format an 8gb USB drive as fat32
Use 7zip to unzip the .zip file, and copy the contents directly over to the thumb drive. Should only be an swdl.iso and maybe one other file depending on the update version (no folders etc).

It's very important you download and read the instructions that go with the update and follow it exactly (don't turn off power etc) to avoid bricking your radio. It seems the going rate to reload/fix it is about $399 last time I was quoted.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

OP
OP
S

spudy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fresh format on the thumb drive. copied the iso file to it. tuned key to run. installed usb in the center console of the truck nothing is happening.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
What fw version are you installing? V16.x?

Did the USB port ever work to play music/mp3s?

Post a picture of the contents of your USB stick.

Also.. take key & USB out. Open/close door and let everything time out/turn off. Verify the illumination around the USB port tons off.

Plug in thumbdrive, turn key to run, but don't start. See if it recognized the drive and asks to update?

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

OP
OP
S

spudy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never mind I got it figured out thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads