Alpine Speaker Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twistquist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm completely incompetent when it comes to speakers. Not super impressed with the Alpine sound system in my 2016 Ram 3500.

Anybody who knows speakers wanna compile me a list of replacement hardware that I can swap out? I'm looking for top end, but there's so many brands and I don't know what fits and what doesn't. Price isn't an issue but I'm just looking to replace the 4 door speakers, the 3 dash speakers and the 2 roof speakers. Probably keep the stock sub, and I'm not interested in running an amp. I just want straight speaker replacement

Any help is much appreciated, I'm pretty dumb3c42ca81011f316d516d77af19b9f4eb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
If you are not going to amp your new speakers, do not buy high end....total waste of money. Since money/price is not an issue, buy Dynaudio, Focal, Morel, Audio Frog...and amp them.

OP
OP
T

twistquist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you are not going to amp your new speakers, do not buy high end....total waste of money. Since money/price is not an issue, buy Dynaudio, Focal, Morel, Audio Frog...and amp them.
I've heard people say replacing the stock speakers makes a big difference without an amp. It supposedly doesn't sound as muddy with better highs. The stock """"""alpines"""""" are trash. Honestly probably not even made by Alpine.

I want to put high end speakers in because I might do more stuff later if need be, such as amp and sub.

If somebody could tell me all the speaker sizes and what high end models they've had success fitting in that would be helpful though. Some brands don't fit, and I obviously don't want to buy something that won't fit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
f856a803a302655c498c854a96ebf026.jpg

Dodge This

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Search the forums. Plenty of threads about this already. You can also go to crutchfield.com and it will give you a list of options that will fit in your truck.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I would trust this guy. Drop-in replacement and high-end do not go together.

I wonder if these guys with poor Alpine systems need a radio reset? When I did my reset my sound was wonky but then went back to normal eventually. The Alpine, when working correctly, is a pretty decent system.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kicker makes direct replacements for our trucks. Several people have had success with Infinity replacements also.

Kicker also has something that you can add to the stock system that will really wake up the speakers, but I can't recall what it is. I'm not super tech savy when it comes to audio... just know what I read on here at times. There's a few members on here that are good with audio stuff. GreyGoose (member) works at Kicker and can help you out.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Doing jbl or infinity for the front 3 dash speakers makes big difference and stops the muddy sound. Just make sure you get them in the 2ohm range to keep overall volume and if you get them from crutchfields you get the harness so no cutting(crutchfields is only place with harness I found). Front doors I would leave alone for now, is shallow and not full range. Back doors a 2ohm 2 or 3 way 6x9 will add some more fill. Upper headliner speakers there is not really any good replacement unless you just put a tweeter in there.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know there is a difference in depth available between the front speakers and rear speakers, trying to find that out as well. I've had good luck with JL Audio in the past but I don't know how deep I can go in both doors. I did the Kicker factory upgrade speakers in the front doors but not the back. I'd like a sub in mine now also even though the 6x9's have good range. Finding out the depth of the front and rears is the key, the searches for products is much simpler.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I know with the jbl power series in back doors(2 ohm) and infinity 2 ohm 3.5s in each dash corner(I used a jbl for center) had it laying around. Replaced sub with just a drop in aftermarket dvc 2 ohm high sensitivity bazooka 8 inch sub and there was no need for me to do the front doors, sounds so much better and crystal clear highs. Even had comments from friends how the truck sounds like a studio now, I dunno about that, but sounds great. With front door speakers being only lower freq, any more out of them would make door rattle crazy. I been working on getting all rattle to go away, sound deadened and closed cell foam to stop rattle. Just 3 infinity 2 ohm 3.5s up front will brighten up the system so much you may be happy with just that done. Rear doors now sound better, but more just a little more fill from the 3 ways, dash made the most difference.