automatic headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dare_nm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
hello, im new to forums trying to see if anyone knows why my headlights just stopped switching from dimmed position and brights. got in the other morning turned corner and car was coming at me . so i manually changed to dim, ever since on auto will not kick up to brights , on dark hwy at night.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Do you have the 8.4 radio? You might have to go into the "settings" on it and check to see if it's still activated

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought you had to have the lever in the bright position for the auto high beam to kick in. Mine doesn’t have this but I think I read something along those lines

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I thought you had to have the lever in the bright position for the auto high beam to kick in. Mine doesn’t have this but I think I read something along those lines

You are correct. You have to have the lever in the "high beam on" position for the auto-high beams to work. If they are in the low-beams position, it turns the auto-high beams off. Works this way in my 2014 Ram, and the wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee.

If the auto-high beams are turned on in the UConnect system, as Wild One describes, when you flip the lever to the low beams positon, you'll get a "automatic high beams off" (or something very similar) message on your dash. When you flip it on, you'll see the opposite, a message saying "automatic high beams on."

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
JasonW has it nailed, this is exactly how the automatic lights work in my Laramie.
DG

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Something else to add...

When the Automatic High Beam function is enabled (in both the radio vehicle settings & stalk pushed forward) at night...

- High beams won't turn on until the truck is over a minimum speed (@ 15mph)

- Will automatically turn off high beams with approaching vehicles.

Some pictures...
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=1562474

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish