Back up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Usedpartsking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 ram 1500 sport. I installed the oem back up camera. Is there supposed to b back up guide lines? Mine doesn't have the lines and I also noticed the tailgate power lock stopped working after I completed the install... Anyone out there please help... Lol

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Gonna have to trace your wires. The lock on the tailgate if I remember right was just power, and the wires were depopulated/moved at the plug just before the exit hole to the tailgate. If your camera works then I imagine power has made it at least that far.

The lines are triggered from the wire you spliced into on the BCM. I didn't solder that one but I ran a continuity test on it best I could.

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you post a link to the instructions you used?

was it a true oem cam or an aftermarket "oem style" one?

In order to get the active grid lines you need to tap into pins on the BCM.

OP
OP
U

Usedpartsking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I remember it was a purple wire that got spliced into the bcm. The directions said the yellow wasn't used... I'm gona have to chk that bcm is in a terrible spot....

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The yellow wire is not used so you are correct on that. The power tail gate lock not working means you either did not repopulate the wires going to the original tail gate harness or you posibly installed them backwards. Not sue if you were aware but you can turn the active guide lines on and off in your settings in your radio. Is it possible they are just turned off? There is a pretty good video on you tube of a guy installing the kit in his truck with the RA2. Might be worth checking out.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 ram 1500 sport. I installed the oem back up camera. Is there supposed to b back up guide lines? Mine doesn't have the lines and I also noticed the tailgate power lock stopped working after I completed the install... Anyone out there please help... Lol
What radio do you have ?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As far as the lock goes , like Rick said most likely you got sockets #7 & #8 backwards . Simple fix , and you can verify by checking the color of the wires against the install instructions. If they are correct , then very the fuse then continue to troubleshoot towards the tailgate.

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As for the active gridlines , as RicksRam said there should be an option to turn them on and off in the radio safety settings .

If you have the RA25.0" Radio , you may need to update the software , I had to do this to get the active gridlines to display . There's an early software at least in the RA2 5.0 radios that did not allow the gridlines and had no option to turn them on or off .

The purple wire should be soldered to the BCM C -5 connector socket 45 orange and dark Blue wire if I remember correctly this is the Lin Bus CBC3 circuit if your looking at a print .

The C-5 connector is the one labeled "E"

The yellow wire is only used for a mirror display unit .

Hope this helps !

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
43fcd3eb0697d74b823326790ee3f46d.jpg

OP
OP
U

Usedpartsking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks a lot guys hopefully I get some time to chk it out this weekend... I have the big faced radio I think it's the 8.4, the truck is fully loaded so I would think its the top of the line that they offer. Where would I find it, in settings? Cause I've played around in there and didn't see anything.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks a lot guys hopefully I get some time to chk it out this weekend... I have the big faced radio I think it's the 8.4, the truck is fully loaded so I would think its the top of the line that they offer. Where would I find it, in settings? Cause I've played around in there and didn't see anything.
Parkview / Safety settings for the backup camera , you should be able to turn the BU CAM OFF , ON and be able to turn the Active Grid lines on & off .

Hope this helps

OP
OP
U

Usedpartsking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U guys rock I got the lines. Hopefully I can fix the lock this weekend.... This group has been suck a big help thanks again

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What fixed it ( the lines)

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
U guys rock I got the lines. Hopefully I can fix the lock this weekend.... This group has been suck a big help thanks again
So , Sir what fixed the Active gridlines?
Any update on the lock ?

OP
OP
U

Usedpartsking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was the settings.... Been working crazy ot at work so il take a look at the lock over the weekend... Thanks again