Backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JET

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.9 Magnum/Hemi 5.7
Ok went to the dealer to price the system for my truck. They say the radio I have won't work. So i was wondering if i got a lockpic could I adapt it to work.
Otherwise I have to get a new mirror with a 3in video built into it. Atleast that's what there telling me.
I know this might be a question already answered.

OP
OP
JET

JET

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.9 Magnum/Hemi 5.7
Sry was at work anyway it's an RHB radio with all the bells n whistles. Dealer said i couldn't use it for video screen for backup camera system.I'd have to get the mirror video screen one.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dealers are ********. You can use the factory backup camera with any touchscreen factory radio. I would go with the lockpick though.

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Same problem I have. I sat there while my parts guy called Chrysler, and they told him the same thing, and according to what I have seen, the regular back up camera only works with REN and RER radios. Mine's RHR so according to Chrysler I'm SOL.

I'd rather not take the chance, so when I do this it will be lockpick and aftermarket camera.
Out of curiosity, anyone have a factory camera on something other than REN or RER?

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Same problem I have. I sat there while my parts guy called Chrysler, and they told him the same thing, and according to what I have seen, the regular back up camera only works with REN and RER radios. Mine's RHR so according to Chrysler I'm SOL.

I'd rather not take the chance, so when I do this it will be lockpick and aftermarket camera.
Out of curiosity, anyone have a factory camera on something other than REN or RER?

I have the factory backup camera with an RBZ (non-nav) unit.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i would go the route of lockpick and aftermarket camera because of all the other feature the lockpick offers

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can use the mopar backup camera on any mygig radio. Some of you guys need to find different dealers lol