Backup Camera Gridlines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueeLineRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5,7
Just had my dealer install OEM backup camera to my existing 8.4 Uconnect system. Mopar part 82214240AB. Looks good but I was expecting to have the grid lines displayed on the screen when backing. My prelim response from my dealer was that they didn't think gridlines were available on 2013's. Anyone out there with a 2013 Ram 1500 with gridlines displyed on backup camera? My truck came equipped with the park sense sensors if that matters. Thanks.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
First WELCOME to the group. I have the UConnect 3 w/5" screen in my Used 2015 ! I had the dealer install my OEM camera and flash the unit, Grid Lines work fine, I would say your dealer/installer is blowing smoke up your butt! :O If you look on You Tube on installing the OEM Camera they have to splice into a wire that tell the screen to have the lines move! So I assume your 2013 should be able to have the grid lines and they should move with the steering wheel My guess the tech was to lazy or did not know how to set it up fully
You can PM RAM CARE on site here with your Vin # and he /She will check with STAR to be sure or Hopefully one of the gear heads will chime in
Please post your results

Last edited:

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had my dealer install OEM backup camera to my existing 8.4 Uconnect system. Mopar part 82214240AB. Looks good but I was expecting to have the grid lines displayed on the screen when backing. My prelim response from my dealer was that they didn't think gridlines were available on 2013's. Anyone out there with a 2013 Ram 1500 with gridlines displyed on backup camera? My truck came equipped with the park sense sensors if that matters. Thanks.

I think there is an option to turn them on/off in the radio settings. Maybe they are just turned off???

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The backup gridlines are on the 2013 Rams. As stated the should be an option to turn them on and off in your settings menu. The first step would be to check that first. The next check would be to double check the wiring. I have also heard of cases where the dealer had to reflash the codes to get the gridlines to come up.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I have them working on my 2013 truck.

Either they didn't flash it correctly or they didn't connect the kit's (Violet) Lin Bus CBC 3 signal wire to the BCM C5 E-45 Org/DB wire like they were supposed to do. (Req'd to turn on the grid lines)

See post 10 of the DIY camera thread for official directions they were supposed to use as well as schematics.
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=974372

Here's a picture of them working...
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=1098810

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Last edited: