Dual headlights to Quad Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamDep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this topic has come up on several different occasions but I haven't found a definite answer yet. I want to change out my dual headlight assemblies for aftermarket quad assemblies. I've read that it is just plugged and play but I also read that that don't work properly. Some people say that when you go from duals to quads when you turn on your brights only one headlight will stay on, unlike the proper way, which is they would both come on; the low beams and the high beam. I also read that the daytime running lights won't work properly either.
So my question is: If I switch from stock duals without daytime running lights to aftermarket quads with daytime running lights will it work 100% properly with just plug and play? If not, how to a fix them to work 100% properly.
Any answers or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks!

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The wiring is the same between them. How they behave is going to depend on the programming. On the duals, does the low beam filament turn off when the highs come on? If it does, then you're going to have the same thing with the quads. The DRLs will be the same situation. What lamp is used for DRLs on the duals?

OP
OP
C

CamDep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just went out and took the headlight out and tested the wiring with a test light and this is what I came up with. There are two plugs in the back of the headlight assembly. One for the high and low beams and another for the DRL. Each plug has three wires. With the red release clip facing up... with the brights on only the right wire has power, with the brights off only the left wire has power, the middle wire i would assume is just the ground. For the DRL plug only the middle wire has power with the lights on, and the left wire is for the turn signals. So is there anyway to program the highs and lows to be one when the brights are on?