Projector headlights to non projector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarageGearhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is backwards, but I just spent a good chunk of change on some new aftermarket LED headlights. However I didn't read the fine print thoroughly enough to see they were meant for trucks with factory Non-Projector headlights. I have factory projectors. Before I go through the hassle of returning the set I just bought and ordering a set of projector based ones for another 100 or so, is there any way that I could convert the projector wire setup to a Non projector? Could I splice and rewire them to work with this or is there other factors at play to stop that?

OP
OP
GarageGearhead

GarageGearhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its easier to just return it, then I'm more than happy to do that, I'm just curious to know if what I'm asking is difficult/plausible before I do that.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
is there any way that I could convert the projector wire setup to a Non projector? Could I splice and rewire them to work with this or is there other factors at play to stop that?
You could use this adapter:
You'll probably be disappointed with the lighting performance if you converted to Quad type headlights. (you would have to change the housings also).

If you already have a set of the 9005 LEDs, those will work in your high beam locations. Being your truck is a '14 the projector low beam is a 9012 which doesn't convert to a H11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357