Electrical bugs. I need some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazynitro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does this sound d like a problem with the pcm?
My backup camera is out. Last winter, it used to flicker. A few lights got literally crack. Happened to my third break light last week. Last winter, my volume buttons behind the wheel used to switch up. Like down becomes up and up becomes down. My headlights won't go off when the truck is in anything but park. The LED lights I hooked up to my high beams are always flickering even when they aren't supposed to be on. I'm. Guessing the pcm is going out. What do you think??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I doubt it is your PCM, sounds more like your BCM/TPIM.

One common problem I constantly read about are the fuses, they are not well seated. Check all your fuses and make sure they are well seated.

I've had issues with my rear camera, turned out to be the tailgate to bed connector that is visible when the tailgate is opened, try taking it apart and reassemble using dielectric grease.

The flickering is caused by the current flow to the LEDs, it isn't enough. The BCM drives the lighting circuits by FETs that have the ability to monitor current flow, if the current flow is out of the programmed thresholds, it seems the strategy programmed causes the flickering. Google for "RAM error correctors" should lead you to finding devices that will correct the flickering.

OP
OP
C

Crazynitro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I doubt it is your PCM, sounds more like your BCM/TPIM.

One common problem I constantly read about are the fuses, they are not well seated. Check all your fuses and make sure they are well seated.

I've had issues with my rear camera, turned out to be the tailgate to bed connector that is visible when the tailgate is opened, try taking it apart and reassemble using dielectric grease.

The flickering is caused by the current flow to the LEDs, it isn't enough. The BCM drives the lighting circuits by FETs that have the ability to monitor current flow, if the current flow is out of the programmed thresholds, it seems the strategy programmed causes the flickering. Google for "RAM error correctors" should lead you to finding devices that will correct the flickering.
Thanks a ton sir. I got the anti flicker modules but the wiring doesn't really line up. Do you think I need to reverse the polarity?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk