Ipad or tablet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

POPPACLUTCH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500
Engine
Has anyone ever mounted or bought a mount to hold a tablet in there truck to play music off of ?

PrdCdn

TEAM RAMROD
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L ECO Diesel
I did. I was going to mount my Tab 8 using a garmin mount. I found the tablet was too big, covering the screen - sucked even bad when I used the back up camera.
I ended up using a USB, there was so much more. Mounting the tablet etc, wiring, power etc etc. Became a PITA and just left it alone.
hope that helps

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
There's a video of an iPad install in a 3rd gen Ram, was pretty sweet, but I despise Apple products... even my iPod.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there are many many people doing it not just in a ram. sony makes a very nice head unit that many are using as its a high powered unit, and with the app you actually can control the radio 100% through the i-pad (maybe android also havent seen this yet)

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As Baum said it is really common. As someone who had this in another car - don't waste your money. Sure it has a cool factor... but other than it is pretty much useless. I would MUCH rather have a unit designed for the car and does CarPlay.

15BLACKRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just use a magnet mount on the dash for my Ipad and my Iphone.. it works well and only has the base on the dash when nothing is attached. i wanted to do in dash install, but it's just too much money to have the dash moulded to fit and then have to pop it out to use my backup cam.