Show me your tablet mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, this might not be the thread for most of you and I get that.

What this is for is those of us that run off road maps in thier trucks (and yes I have the 12" screen and while it can run Gia, onX...it's less than desirable).

What have you used for a tablet mount? Specifically for those of us with the bench seat. The Ram mount, while I have friends that run it, it seems it intrudes on the passenger foot well too much.

Anyone running one of these???? They service the law enforcement/fire community.

Any picture of mounts, even homemade, would be greatly appreciated.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a coworker who has a Ford that he off roads. He uses a iPad mounted to the dash with strong magnets. The magnets are glued onto the iPad and dash bezel so it’s removable. He places it over the radio and it looks good and works well when it’s mounted but when removed the magnets look like a$$ stuck to the dash.

TRad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

akguy09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the bulletproof mount listed above ^^^^, I do not use it for anything other than 2 smart phones but it is a nice solid mount although its expensive.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I use Bullet Points mounting system.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
What this is for is those of us that run off road maps in thier trucks (and yes I have the 12" screen and while it can run Gia, onX...it's less than desirable).

I've considered getting one of those apps, what's the problem with them? Run too slow or something?

UTAHPWRWGN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Word of caution with the bulletproof mounts (or any mount on top of the dash)...I've found that on rough washboard roads there is a weight limit that when exceeded (I had an iphone, radio mic, gopro and baofeng handheld ham radio) can cause the center screen to become unresponsive. Fortunately taking some weight off the mount and restarting the truck did fix the issue (so far). YMMV.

I use a RAM mount similar to the one pictured in the original post for my ipad though it's just the no drill arms with an X mount for the tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank