Jbl ms8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coppertone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK gents here goes, I know that several of you have been unhappy with the sound of your current system. I agree that it is lacking in several areas from a sq perspective. But with the correct processing done I believe that it can be improved upon readily. With that in mind I will be pulling my MS8 out of my Subaru and installing it in my Ram. My thought is this was designed to improve upon the OEM system using what is currently installed. Also it's a way for those to not have to give up any part of their sound system that they are still paying for in the truck payments. Yes this add on will not win you any sound quality contests that I am aware of, yet it will allow you more tonal control of your current system.
Also if at some point you decide to upgrade what you have, you still are able to use the MS8 in that equation. Progress reports to follow.
:)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
cool, interested to see your results

OP
OP
Coppertone

Coppertone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it seems that wifey has major husband/daddy plans for my free time. As such I will either have to just take the MS8 out of my show car and not have processing in it, or buy another MS8. Now if I do buy another one I can always when ArcAudio puts theirs out, can sell the second MS8.
Either way the MS8 will be installed in my truck by the 21st.

SeaSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This has peaked my interest. Is it a pipe dream to think buying and installing one of these will get me comparable sound and quality as 6 new speakers and an amp? I have a RCSB Express. Would love to here from someone with the experience of this unit.

OP
OP
Coppertone

Coppertone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I first also purchased this with trepidation. Upon installing this in my first car' that feeling quickly disappeared. It was the best money spent to me without popping off a single door panel. Yes you will never win a sq completion with it. But if you want to not lose the money that you have paid for your OEM equipment, this is one of the ways.