Keyless Entry Sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIHEMIHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anybody by any chance know where the keyless entry sensors are located? The truck obviously can distinguish whether the key is inside the truck or outside the truck like when you have the engine running and step out of the truck with the key in your pocket it will display a warning and sound a chime.

Now recently I noticed the lock button on the driver side door not always working properly; I use it because normally the key is in my pocket or in my bag and this symptom has been getting worse. So I started experimenting a bit and noticed that the door lock button has stopped working when the key is next to the driver's side door; even when held up to the window; when I move the key to the rear door it locks fine and when I move the key forward of the windshield it locks fine as well... tried the same thing on the passenger's side and it locks regardless of where the key is on that side of the truck... So, does anybody know if there are separate sensors inside the door that might have failed or how does this system really work? Maybe it does function but maybe it thinks the key is inside the truck when its next to the door because I also noticed it won't lock if the keys are inside... which is a cool feature actually... hope anybody has an idea...

Also; not to complicate my question too much but the truck doesn't seem to lock itself at all anymore even though it is set to autolock... it does at one point arm the alarm but leaves the doors unlocked... ie the alarm goes off when I open the rear door... I just thought of that; maybe related? or maybe it doesn't lock because it doesn't track the key properly anymore?...