My 8.4A - Audio Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well after a couple of months of just a subwoofer ads on to the system I decided it just wasn't cutting it. So I had to upgrade.

Started with the JL Cleansweep (what an amazing piece of hardware this is)

Now I have a pure clean signal to send to my amplifier. I went with the Alpine 5 channel PDXV9. 100x4 and 500x1 to the sub. For the front doors I went with the Alpine type R 6x9 and the rear doors I used a set of Memphis Audio 2 way 6x9 that I had from a previous vehicle.

Ran all new speaker wire from the doors directly to the amplifier. All mounted with the clean sweep under the drivers seat. For the sub its a single 10" JL 10W3V3 under the passenger seat.

The sound is excellent! I am so surprised how well that Clean Sweep gives the amplifier such a good signal, you'd never know I'm running the factory deck. Way more volume which is what I needed as well, I am surprised at how much this truck rattles, especially the rear door panels, I can't believe how thin they are. I definitely will need to line them and the drivers door at a minimum.

I had ordered the Kicker 3.5" for the dash and planned to run them off the stock unit but they sounded awful, the stock 3.5" definitely had some sort of crossover/bass blocker on them and the Kicker didn't. It took away from the system. I don't think I'll need dash speakers because the Alpine 2 way 6x9 do a good job. Pics in the next post :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Pics don't show much exciting but here they are. I tidied up the wires more under the seat as well.
e6yvedaj.jpg

uqahuqep.jpg

8azu4a8a.jpg

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good work! how hard was the clean sweep to install? Love the W3's and they can take some power as long as its clean.

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks, Clean Sweep was super easy to install especially since I already had the front signal to under the rear seat from the line out I used for the sub, so I just needed to tap the rear and get it to under the seat. I was able to use power etc as well since it was there from my amplifier install.

Load the JL calibration track (I put it on a USB stick), crank volume to 3/4 and let it do it's magic!

The W3 is an amazing sub for the money. I have a W6 that is being rebuilt now, finally after 9 years of abuse she was done but JL has the rebuild program. I'm going to slap it in once I get it back and see if it's "too" much lol.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh how I miss my W6v2 that I had years ago. They are a great "do everything" sub. I think youll be wanting more after having that W6

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great. Do you now have to use the volume control knob from CleanSweap? You much not have started with the OE Alpine System?

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I bet it sounds awesome. Now you have to fix your rear view mirror because every time you look through it the picture will be blurry. lol

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
If you love the W6v2 you should try a v3.
v2 sound quality with damn near W7 output.
I'm putting just over 900 watts into a 12W6v3 and it's more than I'll ever need on the low end.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was actually really thinking about this putting the V3 into my build but I had a mystery package show up on my door step one day and it was actually a subwoofer that I was looking at if I was going to use a ported enclosure. I asked the buisness that sent it if they made a mistake and wanted it back but I have gotten no one to respond back to me about it yet. This has been over a month now so if they ever get back to me I figure I'll just pay for it.

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks great. Do you now have to use the volume control knob from CleanSweap? You much not have started with the OE Alpine System?

I didn't start with the Alpine system. I also didn't want to have to use the volume Knob with the Clean Sweep so I followed the instructions on how to calibrate if you're not going to use it. It works great with the knob just full blast and hidden away and then control from the head unit.

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bet it sounds awesome. Now you have to fix your rear view mirror because every time you look through it the picture will be blurry. lol

lol, yes! I notice that the mirrors definitely shake especially with those deep low notes!

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oh how I miss my W6v2 that I had years ago. They are a great "do everything" sub. I think youll be wanting more after having that W6

I can't wait to try it out once it's rebuilt. It's an original W6V2 also, when I was in the shop dropping it off, they demo'd a V3.... WOW! I was like keep the wallet away lol.