need cd player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no1shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn,blk.gold.
Engine
hemi 5.7
just got new 2014 big horn,love it! but ,I would like to have a cd player.is there one that I could get to somehow connect to my existing radio? thanks for any help........:help:

grantmcw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure they could install the factory upgrade option. It goes in the center console I believe. Other than that, there are many remote cd changer options that you could stick under a seat somewhere. I'm not sure if our radios are prewired to control those or not.

I thought I would miss the CD player when I got my truck, but I honestly haven't at all. Between Sirius, my iPhone, and the new via mobile capabilities, I don't see that I will ever wish I had a CD player. There are a few occasions I get something on a disc, but I just dump it on a jump drive.

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
The factory upgrade would work great, as it was meant to work with your UConnect system, the price might be something to slow you down, but yes they are installed in the lower center console under the front seats, one of the few options I choose not to have as I never listen to CDs anymore, with all the USB and SD inputs inside the truck would never use it, plus it was huge, pretty much filled the whole lower storage console. Good luck.

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
You sure there isn't a CD player under the center console jump seat in the compartment? I didn't think I had one for a few weeks and then found it.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check the lower storage in the center console. That is where it is located... if you haven't already. Now, with that being said, I kind of wish I didn't have mine. I never use it. We've had the truck for 5 months, and used it once (my mom brought a CD to listen to on a trip). It was an add on with the truck, and I wish I could've saved the money instead of having to pay for it. The only reason I have it, with the options I was looking for on my truck, this was the only one I found in 350 miles.

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Will there be a storage space in the bottom of the center console even if it doesn't have the CD Player option?.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Will there be a storage space in the bottom of the center console even if it doesn't have the CD Player option?.

yes, answered in the thread you started too

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990