New Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright so I'm back on here with another one of my stupid questions but here goes.

My mom has a 2014 Toyota Tacoma with the JBL sound system. I really like the touchscreen head unit that is in it and was wondering if it was possible for me to install one into my truck just like any other touch screen head unit?

If not could someone point me in the direction of a decent touch screen head unit with subwoofer audio out ports?

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
OEM touchscreen does not have subwoofer outputs.

I am going to assume you have the 5.0 UConnect?

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you're speaking of installing an OEM Toyota HU into your truck it would be highly unlikely.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
you just need a basic single din dash kit. you should be able to find one anywhere that sells stereo parts, amazon included. id probably suggest by a name brand like metra or schoshe. the fit and finish is usually a bit better then the cheap no name ones youll find on ebay.

all that aside, id probably return what you bought for a double din unit. it will look much nicer, imo.

OP
OP
Seth_5.7

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you just need a basic single din dash kit. you should be able to find one anywhere that sells stereo parts, amazon included. id probably suggest by a name brand like metra or schoshe. the fit and finish is usually a bit better then the cheap no name ones youll find on ebay.

all that aside, id probably return what you bought for a double din unit. it will look much nicer, imo.

would this work? amazon says it wont fit my vehicle but other people say it does
https://www.amazon.com/Metra-99-651...000WUF67K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
all i can say is good luck with that pyle.. they are not called pyle for a reason.. "pyle of sh*t"

you have a 2011 yes that kit should work. you also need the module/harness and antenna adapter.

i see you are 16 but honestly for 100 more or so you can get a much better entry level name brand flip up radio

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I agree, send the Pyle back

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
x3 on send the Pyle back. Your young and probably excited to get something in the truck... I was the same way.. but I would suggest taking a step back and spend some time researching before pulling the trigger.

The kit is correct, and it should also come with pieces for single or double din. I think everyone agrees double din is the way to go. You also need an antenna adapter (40-EU10) and a wiring harness, I recommend the RP4-CH11.

What is your budget for a radio? For only $20 more - this radio is light years ahead of the Pyle. https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-DDX5...502197278&sr=1-4&keywords=kenwood+touchscreen

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
at 16 you probably dont want to hear this (because i know for damn sure i didnt), but sometimes your better off waiting and saving for something better rather then buying what you can afford at that moment, especially when its trivial items like a radio.

sonicelectronix.com is similar to crutchfield, but usually slightly cheaper on most items.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Alright so I'm back on here with another one of my stupid questions but here goes.

My mom has a 2014 Toyota Tacoma with the JBL sound system. I really like the touchscreen head unit that is in it and was wondering if it was possible for me to install one into my truck just like any other touch screen head unit?

If not could someone point me in the direction of a decent touch screen head unit with subwoofer audio out ports?

You have a 2011 Ram. I cant believe nobody has suggested buying an OEM 09-13 Ram touchscreen radio.

You can find a used RBZ model touch screen radio on eBay for $200-$250.

THIS WAS MY CURRENT, OLD RADIO:
00cc313e5b70641ed8cf38e3c9b6c0a4.jpg

I just got this one for $220 shipped. e58fda88df01d960b2e2e23c111f96c6.jpg88829fb8b55e010ae3ccca34d02ff898.jpg

It is 100% plug n play. Nothing extra was needed.

Here are just a shortlist of its features:
• 6.5" Touch Screen
• DVD Player
• 40gb Internal Hard Drive To Store 20k+ Songs
• uConnect hands free phone, text, etc.
• Screen Flips Down For Cd/DVD disc drive
• Can Hookup OEM or Aftermarket Reverse Camera as simple as plugging it in

There are a TON of features I'm forgetting, but the best part is I only paid $220. $50 more then the one you bought, and I don't need any harness adapters, single din adapter kits and antenna adapters, which will easily bring your total well above the $220 i paid.

And the best part about this radio? It's OEM, says RAM when it starts up and again, it's OEM quality!!

I would definitely return that crappy radio and search ebay/craigslist/Facebook for an RBZ radio.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you want Navigation, there are also OEM radios from the 09-12 Rams that come with Nav built it. They are the RHB, RHR and RER models.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Here is a link to every OEM radio offered for our trucks from 09-12 (the only years that will fit your 2011) and it lists all of their features aswell.

https://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/index.html

Check out that link and I'm sure you will find a oem radio that fits your needs. There was some really nice radios put in our trucks from 09-12.

OP
OP
Seth_5.7

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
x3 on send the Pyle back. Your young and probably excited to get something in the truck... I was the same way.. but I would suggest taking a step back and spend some time researching before pulling the trigger.

The kit is correct, and it should also come with pieces for single or double din. I think everyone agrees double din is the way to go. You also need an antenna adapter (40-EU10) and a wiring harness, I recommend the RP4-CH11.

What is your budget for a radio? For only $20 more - this radio is light years ahead of the Pyle. https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-DDX5...502197278&sr=1-4&keywords=kenwood+touchscreen

I have a few reasons on why I pulled the trigger on this Pyle Radio
1. I have used Pyle products many times on cars, 4 wheelers, and even boats, and have never had a problem with any product.
2. When getting a double din in my truck, you have to cut a metal bracket out in the dash and I'm not taking a saw to my truck. that doesn't fancy me.
3. I just wanted something simple, with an Android OS, That didn't look fancy or flashy.
4. It's not about the cost. I work 3 jobs and have a decently good income for my age. So cost isn't necessarily an issue, I'm just not the kind to drop almost 300 for a radio when stuff tends to get stolen and broken into a lot in my area.

I appreciate everybody's responses and will do some research on the Antenna adapters and everything. But for now I'm going to stick with the Pyle. Also ordered Bilsteins and I'll be posting pictures of that too. :)

Edit: My Father just so happened to have an antenna adapter for my truck in this studio

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. I have used Pyle products many times on cars, 4 wheelers, and even boats, and have never had a problem with any product.
2. When getting a double din in my truck, you have to cut a metal bracket out in the dash and I'm not taking a saw to my truck. that doesn't fancy me.
3. I just wanted something simple, with an Android OS, That didn't look fancy or flashy.
4. It's not about the cost. I work 3 jobs and have a decently good income for my age. So cost isn't necessarily an issue, I'm just not the kind to drop almost 300 for a radio when stuff tends to get stolen and broken into a lot in my area.

I appreciate everybody's responses and will do some research on the Antenna adapters and everything. But for now I'm going to stick with the Pyle. Also ordered Bilsteins and I'll be posting pictures of that too. :)

Edit: My Father just so happened to have an antenna adapter for my truck in this studio

To each their own, you have plenty of time to learn. Coming from 10+ years of professional experience, Boss and Pyle radio's are DOA probably 50% of the time. When they do work the interfaces are clunky, slow, and very unresponsive. Also those flip-out screens lost popularity for a reason - the hinges on them break very easily. If you drive the truck often I would be surprised to see a Pyle one last even two years.

I wouldn't let the dash cutting concern you - it can be done with $15 tin snips and 2 minutes.

However if theft is a concern then you probably should invest in an alarm before anything else.

OP
OP
Seth_5.7

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
However if theft is a concern then you probably should invest in an alarm before anything else.

I have a Viper Security System working alongside some stuff from the police department which my mom works (can't say what it is as i signed not to disclose what it is)

But the issue is the parking lot at school is never being watched and there are no cameras. Plus its a pretty good walk from the lot to the school.

Ill be sure to let you guys know when this radio fails (if it does)

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

The OEM RBZ/RHR/REN touchscreen radios don't require any cutting, any adapters on harnesses. They just plug right in, bolt right up, look amazing because they are oem and have tons and tons of features. And they cost way less then most 6.5" touchscreen with similar features.

Here's mine. I installed it yesterday.b1a2c0ad99ef1968df194e29ede415fb.jpg