Q&A Car Audio Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

papasin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Really nice work there. I like the way the are recessed. Top notch work.

Couldn't agree more as this is JT's top notch fabrication work. I learned long ago that for something like this, I could probably try to muddle with it but he could do it 1000 times better at a fraction of the time. I go to him exclusively for fabrication work...easily top 2 in the west coast IME (with the other one being Tom Miller). :)

Gom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New RAM 1500 Tradesmen crew cab 4X4.
As far as I can tell, the media hub doesn't work. It doesn't light up and recognizes neither a usb stick with mp3's or a cell phone in the usb port. The power port in the flip down armrest does work.
the Aux and USB should be lit when the truck is on right?

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I'm gonna revive this oldie but goodie. I dont wanna start a new thread every question and their is a ton of good info through here.

What size fuse or how do I determine what size fuse to put in a distribution block to a amp. I have to go see what size are in the amp but I have a zapco 1350st it has 4 fuses on it. Do I just match the size of one of those fuses?(all 4 are the same)

Last edited:

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I have a fuse near the battery. I ran 0 guage to the back wall to a distribution block. I dont know what size fuse to put in the distribution block that goes to the amp for the sub

Also I was just looking at those crutchfield articles trying to find the info before you posted that

Last edited:

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
The distribution block is on the right

20180603_172548.jpg

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went out and grabbed some pictures of mine but I can’t really see what the fuse values are. I also grabbed one of the battery end of the main power wire. Just in case it will help someone else.

5F538661-5819-48C5-BF93-1BCB318D0DC7.jpeg

CF5A8365-8F38-432C-A057-5DAD792C96B7.jpeg

599206D6-816D-49A8-BF4C-B594082DB2F2.jpeg

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
So I went and looked and the amp has 4-35 amp fuses. I asked a guy on fb and he said to fuse ot for the total of the fuses so I need a 150 amp mini anl fuse I believe. Hopefully this sounds right

Pollux

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The way I understand it is that the fuse in the power lines is to protect the power wires, the fuses in the amp protect the amp. The fuse in the 0 gauge wire by the battery is meant to protect the 0 gauge cable from melting. The fuses in the distribution block is to protect the cables coming form it. If the cables out of the distribution block are 4 awg then a 125 amp per cable will do. Check this site out, has a good explanation on fuses: www.bcae1.com/

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
The way I understand it is that the fuse in the power lines is to protect the power wires, the fuses in the amp protect the amp. The fuse in the 0 gauge wire by the battery is meant to protect the 0 gauge cable from melting. The fuses in the distribution block is to protect the cables coming form it. If the cables out of the distribution block are 4 awg then a 125 amp per cable will do. Check this site out, has a good explanation on fuses: www.bcae1.com/

Thank you very much

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Here is another question. I have a pioneer avic 8200nex HU. I'm having issues with android auto with a Samsung s8+. I did some research and it's a known issue. I've ordered a few cables they recommended. I tried the first one and it recognized something was there but still wouldn't work. I should have the second cable tomorrow.

Anyone else have any issues like that with a similar phone?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Not sure about the phone issue. Curious how things worked out after ditching the 8.4? Still got those confusing crossover focals?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is another question. I have a pioneer avic 8200nex HU. I'm having issues with android auto with a Samsung s8+. I did some research and it's a known issue. I've ordered a few cables they recommended. I tried the first one and it recognized something was there but still wouldn't work. I should have the second cable tomorrow.

Anyone else have any issues like that with a similar phone?

The solution is easy... and I tell my customers often... it starts with an i and made by a company that starts with A lol. Seriously we always have issues with Android Auto and never a single issue with CarPlay.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Not sure about the phone issue. Curious how things worked out after ditching the 8.4? Still got those confusing crossover focals?

Everything worked after I ditched the 8.4. It probably would have worked if I had wired in resistors but I was over it

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
The solution is easy... and I tell my customers often... it starts with an i and made by a company that starts with A lol. Seriously we always have issues with Android Auto and never a single issue with CarPlay.

Lol.