Radar hard side novis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfrazier1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Radar hard wire help

New to the forum. Just took delivery of my 2017 RAM 1500. Discovered that it doesn't have an interior fuse box. I want to hard wire my Passport 9500 IX RD but i don't want to run wire from the fuse box through the fire wall. I have decided to splice into the cig lighter wire and I'm going to use one of those quick splice connectors. Here is where I need some help. Where is the best place to access this wire and how do I identify it. I'm going to install RD low on the wind shield, near the dash so routing will be relatively simple. I just want to make sure I'm using the right wire. Thanks Tony

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pop the cig lighter out. take a dmm to the wires its only 2 wires you have a 50-50 chance of getting the wires correct.

OP
OP
T

tfrazier1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for both replys. Hardwire to the rearview is not really an option (I think). Like I said, I have the passport 9500ix. The smart cord for hardwire has a second cord that has the remote mute and lock out buttons, which I will install on the front, left side of the console. Also prefer to have the RD lower on the dash. The mirror mounts i have seen tend to create some blind spot.Sent

I messed with removing the cig lighter but I think not knowing exactly how to do this makes me a bit nervous. Probably something real easy but I don't want to screw up or break something. You know, new truck and all. Any advice / directions would be great.
Thx.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
MirrorTap....hardwires it directly to the back of the mirror.

I have a Valentine One that I'm considering using a MirrorTap on. They have multiple models for specific radar detectors. I just have to find a way to mount the actual detector. The custom one I made for my Durango R/T doesn't fit in the RAM (yet).

Link: https://www.mirrortap.com/