Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this basically replaced the dball kit.

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I have it and use it everyday....I also added the smartstart so I can start the truck from my phone... works well and Doug is a GREAT seller to deal with.

My only complaint is the wires are a little short so I had to extend a few because I didn't want it under the column like a rats nest. I put the unit behind / around the radio.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
nice. was it hard to install. any issues? i am planning on having a remote start installed before the end of summer and this might be the way to go. i like the idea of the smart start. my old truck wouldn't start from inside work. i couldn't start it untill i was outside the building which was now about 50' from my truck. not much point in remote starting at that point

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hard is relative since I don't know your skill level but no not hard at all. With the Smartstart you can do it from anywhere really. Remember without you are limited to the range of the factory fob...

OP
OP
Steveo8x8

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Hard is relative since I don't know your skill level but no not hard at all. With the Smartstart you can do it from anywhere really. Remember without you are limited to the range of the factory fob...

Ok cool so is it truly plug and play? Did you have to splice into any of the factory wiring? And this is the EXACT one u used? If so I'm gonna order it now

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
cool. sounds good. i'm pretty mechanically inclined. i used to build my own racecars and engines but hate messing with newer vehicles...lol. i will likely be ordering one. thanks

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes this is the one I ordered and who I ordered it from except I also purchased the smartstart unit from amazon but you can get from Doug too. I got the global GPS one...

No splicing unless you want to wire in the parking lights and hood pin etc... but you dont have to if you dont want to. you can just plug in the harness tuck / cut what you dont need. program it, and done deal. I'm a neat freak when it comes to wiring so it took me 1 hour to do and 1/2 of that is making it the way i wanted which is if you look under my column dash no way you know its there..