Removing headunit 2011 Longhorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Howdy,

I've been doing a bunch of searching but cannot find a step by step (hopefully with diagrams) plan of removing a head unit from a 2011 2500 longhorn.

I will need to remove the current USA 730N head unit and put an Australian version, and LockPip.

I was originally going to change head unit, but just seems easier to match it, but with an Australian version.

is it hard to replace unit ? What sort of time should it take ?

Thanks.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if its another mygig it will be a quick swap, to install another unit will be a little more tricky, JJ has posted a write up on what modifications need to be done here.
How to remove stock radio.
you will also have to add about 2 integration harnesses from PAC-audio or Scosche. you will need their radio replacement harness (model depends on your stock setup i.e. amplified or not)and steering wheel control integration harness depends on brand or get the universal axxess ASWC which is great and extremley easy to use! Oh and you will also need a dash installation kit. all this should cost you about 200$.

Last edited:
OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
if its another mygig it will be a quick swap, to install another unit will be a little more tricky, JJ has posted a write up on what modifications need to be done here.
How to remove stock radio.
you will also have to add about 2 integration harnesses from PAC-audio or Scosche. you will need their radio replacement harness (model depends on your stock setup i.e. amplified or not)and steering wheel control integration harness depends on brand or get the universal axxess ASWC which is great and extremley easy to use! Oh and you will also need a dash installation kit. all this should cost you about 200$.

Nah, will be a straight swap to a REP code 730N. I had previously, on a different thread asked about a head unit swap, but now just will do same head unit but AU model.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
It should be an extremely simple swap. Less than an hour if you're installing the other thing you have also. maybe even half an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Sweet. Figure, that I may as well install the LockPick whilst I'm in there.... I assume thats as simple.

I may have more questions once I get Ram and open her up.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I honestly can't answer that yet, as I haven't gotten my truck to do it to. But I assume it's quite simple. And shouldn't take you any time at all. Good luck. And just take it slow, and never work pissed off. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet. Figure, that I may as well install the LockPick whilst I'm in there.... I assume thats as simple.

I may have more questions once I get Ram and open her up.
Yes lockpick will take no additional time if you do the same time as head unit swap, set your dip switches and just piggy back the harness with the factory harness.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2