Tell me about UConnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What kind of features does it have?

Do I need a subscription?

I noticed it doesn't have the "apps" icon. Is that because it's from Canada?

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
It's garbage in my honest opinion. It's lacking any customization for climate memory settings. I personally would like my seat coolers to come on when I start my truck from the keyfob. Down here it's always 70+f. It doesn't allow for the use of Google maps or iPhone maps, just the sketchy navigation maps (and yes I updated it. The maps still suckered in rural areas) . It doesn't allow seamless integration of phone screen to head unit.

Overall I'm just spoiled from the MIBII unit that was in my Volkswagen gti.

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just updated and it seems like some features are missing now like being able to control when the doors lock and when the horn honks and stuff like that.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Canadian ra4's (vp4-CA) do not have the Sprint cellular modem built-in (and no apps) the USA versions do (vp4-NA).

Unless your truck came from the factory with an Ra3/Ra4, FCA isn't letting you on their uConnect network even if you have all the correct hardware to do so (currently).

Note: you can use the dealer mode to reset your radio, I think ...

Press (HOT↑) + (COLD↓) + (FRONT DEFROST)
buttons for 6 sec to access it.

Sent from my non-flammable Galaxy S7!

Last edited:

RETVET20161500Crw4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Uconnect, not going to be worth it, in my opinion ($149/yr). I purchased my 2016 Ram in Aug 2016. Without NAV. I then purchased navigation for $543 with tax from Uconnect (to bypass dealership mark up of $200 and 2 hours of my life). Turns out since my "radio" is not 8.4 NAV it is not TRAFFIC capable, after calling Sirius Radio (suggesting I go back to the dealer and "maybe they will exchange my radio" lol) and emailing Uconnect and FCA Customer Assistance Center (Chrysler). FCA did tell me that they understand my frustration and suggested I contact Sirius radio (been there done that). SO I DO have navigation, but now way of knowing what the traffic is like WITHOUT using my phone to tell me. ANYWAY, my TRIAL Uconnect runs out next month (FEB) and I only use it to start my truck when I am out of remote start range.