TIPM failures??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've been doing some research on the typical TIPM failures in Dodge/Chrysler/RAM vehicles.
If you didn't know better they make it sound like every vehicle is a ticking time bomb.
What seem most common to RAM trucks is the fuel pump relay failing which is internal to the TIPM. Looking at it, the relay is really way below spec for the job. I'm not surprised it fails. By the book you replace the whole TIPM module.
To hell with the book, there are several pretty simple fixes for this particular issue including installing an external (correct spec) external relay.
Just wondering has anyone run into a TIPM failure in their truck??

ShirtPants!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine somewhat failed, it doesn't have the crazy horn and wiper problems but it doesn't start with the remote start sometimes. I "fixed" mine by buying a bypass wire that runs the pump off of the accessory circuit. I haven't had a problem with it yet, I did walk out to my truck after getting off work with the alarm going off. I might have pushed the panic button on my key by accident or it could have been the TIPM, not really sure.

OP
OP
Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah, I see the big problem here is when a mechanic tells the customer he needs a $1000 tipm module instead of doing on of the easy fixes on it.

Looking at the wiring diagram was thinking " I can fix that issue for less than $10.00"

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
is there a way to diy fix a 2010tipm

They can be DIY repaired if you've got some electrical troubleshooting skills and very good soldering skills. individual relays can be replaced on them. There's youtube videos on this. I like Eric O from South Main Auto's video on it.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dorman sells rebuilt OE units for way LESS then MOPAR reman units
my friend wife's 09 Journey door locks failed along with the washer not working
in Canada the OE "friends" price is $1800 Dorman is $500 USD
there are also mail in repair companies
the part # looks like this
RL692302AD
the RL is a REMAN part and almost all for sale are REMAN no RL is NEW
the AD is the revision AC one older AE one newer ETC
this is a journey part number

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-83014-599-907.aspx?origin=keyword this is the Dorman version for the 09 Journey

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there is a company tipmrebuilders that offers rebuilt OR mail in repair and as a BONUS sells the plug / pigtails $15 each $70 all 7 - DIY project anyone?

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the TIPM fuel relay failure on my 2011 Town and Country(it would intermittently fail to start). Used the procedure for the Durango and recall kit and repaired it. Sadly, Chryco decided since then to make it nearly impossible to buy the recall kit.... it was under $20.