Unconnect 8.4A and spotify

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whatupcraig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use Spotify for music. Does anyone know if I plug it in via USB if I can use Spotify and it display the cover art of the track I'm listening to?

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
following! I have a 2nd gen with an aftermarket pioneer no flip out just a single din. I plan to mold a 6th gen or 5th gen ipod into an overhead console that fits 2nd gen trucks. but then again one part of me wants to get a ipad mini mock up a custom overhead console and it would be like a TV in the cab. but just some ideas if you ever want to ditch the 8.4

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It probably depends on the phone. I'd be surprised if Android works just because of the way thru handle music over USB. It works well with my iPhone, but you can't browse playlists or anything like that from the radio.

Basically once you plug it in the radio will start playing something from the built-in music app on the phone. If you launch Spotify and start playing something, it will hijack it and show up on the radio. Play/pause and next track seem to work OK.

This is on a 2016 8.4AN so results may vary. It doesn't really work at all on the previous generation 8.4 I have in my 300.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I liked Spotify over bluetooth. Except for the fact that it was iffy getting started. Sometimes I had to pull my phone out of my pocket to launch the app, sometimes I didn't. Very annoying. This was in my 2015 Challenger with the 8.4 N Alpine system. I haven't tried it in my 2016 Ram with the same stereo though. I stopped paying for Spotify while I get my free trial of XM. When the trial is over I'll go back to Spotify