2011 Bluetooth problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
My S21 will connect and make phone calls no problem, it used to play music no problem also. Now the music feed cuts in and out every few seconds. It does not matter if I am streaming from youtube, Pandora or Spotify as it just keeps cutting in and out. Supposedly my radio software is up to date. Anyone have any suggestions?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Have you tried deleting the Bluetooth pairing on both phone/radio, cycle power on the phone and then re-pair the phone.
Also check any audio and/or codex settings. Be sure the phone and apps are fully updated

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
What radio do you have? down on the lower right corner there's a three letter code, Could be RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB or RER, RHR. the first four have a separate external uconnect module, the last two is internal. There was an update released for the external module way back when for those to fix choppy streaming. Let me know what radio it is and if applicable, I'll dig thru my old files to see if still have the info.

EDIT: Found the link where I got the info from, the download link on the page still works. I'll PM you the link since you can't post links to other forums.

OP
OP
Rustyraindog

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
What radio do you have? down on the lower right corner there's a three letter code, Could be RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB or RER, RHR. the first four have a separate external uconnect module, the last two is internal. There was an update released for the external module way back when for those to fix choppy streaming. Let me know what radio it is and if applicable, I'll dig thru my old files to see if still have the info.

EDIT: Found the link where I got the info from, the download link on the page still works. I'll PM you the link since you can't post links to other forums.
I have an RBZ and my truck was built 9-10 so according to the jeep thread, mine should not need the file update. I am going to unpair and try to pair it again. Crossing my fingers! If mine has an external BT module, is it possible to replace it with a more modern version?

OP
OP
Rustyraindog

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
Have you tried deleting the Bluetooth pairing on both phone/radio, cycle power on the phone and then re-pair the phone.
Also check any audio and/or codex settings. Be sure the phone and apps are fully updated
Just tried all that with no luck, streaming music still cuts in and out every 4-5 seconds. Everything is up to date per my phone and the Ram site when I checked my radio software. Phone is a Galaxy S21 Ultra.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I have an RBZ and my truck was built 9-10 so according to the jeep thread, mine should not need the file update. I am going to unpair and try to pair it again. Crossing my fingers! If mine has an external BT module, is it possible to replace it with a more modern version?

hmmm - according to what i read, it should be appliable, and yes, that radio does have the external module. You can replace it with a later version, but make sure it's for a high speed bus. they make two versions, low and high speed.

"It's for 2011 vehicles that were built prior to 6-1-2011 and have the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB) ONLY"

OP
OP
Rustyraindog

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
hmmm - according to what i read, it should be appliable, and yes, that radio does have the external module. You can replace it with a later version, but make sure it's for a high speed bus. they make two versions, low and high speed.

"It's for 2011 vehicles that were built prior to 6-1-2011 and have the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB) ONLY"

So mine was built in September of 2010 and I should try the update file. It is wierd that the phone works with no problem, it is just when trying to stream audio. I will try the patch you PM'd me about.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The exterior Bluetooth Module should be behind the passenger side front seat Kick Panel