USB Port Hidden on 2010-2013 Res 130s with UCONNECT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpala

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Would a standard mini usb b to female usb work? Ive found one locally which is only $15 which im thinking of trying instead of a mopar unit

dpala

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Ive wired up a stabdard mini usb b to female usb, and plan to install it into a spare port on my centre console. Has anyone tested what mAh their phones charge at while using this specific uconnect usb point?
Ive downloaded "Galaxy Charging Current *Lite*" from the google play store, and tested it with my galaxy S4 and am receiving anywhere from 350-500mAh. The charging cable im using has a 1200mAh capacity on an AC charger. Not as fast as a charge as I was hoping for...

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While I was waiting for the correct cable to be delivered, I actually used a plain mini USB to regular USB and then used a male/female adapter i had laying around. Worked fine for the week I used it before swapping it with the correct cable.

If I had known it would work like that before I ordered the correct cable, I would have just used those adapters and saved the 20-somthing bucks on the correct cable.

As long as you can get good access to the uconnect module you can plug in the mini USB. It's recessed, so you kind of need to see in the hole to plug it in.

Ray

Long Islander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Summins 6.7
I have an ipod connector in my glove box. Anyone else?

Sent from Samsung S5 using Tapatalk

Blackrhino32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was curious if anyone with a 2014 found this usb? I am not sure if the 2014 changed the location of the uconnect module, it looked quite different to me behind my glove box. I have an Express that does have the usb in the center console and uconnect 5.0. I will take the glove box and radio out and look again unless someone knows it would not be there with this setup.

Blackrhino32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to follow-up, I did an extensive search for the usb cable in a 2014 Express with uconnect 5.0 and did not find the it. I took the radio out and the glove boxes. I did find 2 connectors that appear to be other purposed. The usb type cable I did find went to the powered usb in the dash and another one disappeared out the right side of the truck. I included the adapters I did find in photos and the back of my 5.0. The usb in my dash does not read files just powers devices. If anyone with a 2014 finds the usb please let us know.
IMAG1765_zps65c670af.jpg
IMAG1750_zpsbdac3ad4.jpg
IMAG1757_zpsd607eee0.jpg

brandonbomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can I ask a rookie question. Is the 130 the one with a small screen and 2 knobs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi guys. To check if your car has that usb port remove glove box and look to the right.At the wall there will be uconnect control unit with one big 15-20 pin connector and if you have usb cable there will by right by that 15-20 pin conn. another small black wire with small connector connected to uconnect control module. If you have both cables follow D Schroeder instructions.Get good flash light and look between those 2 metal bars/brackets.You will find that usb connector,you may have to fish for it with something like i did.
One of the picture is showing that cable at the uconnect side and the other is showing other side of that usb cable/you can see my usb extension cable connected to it/. Good luck.

If i dont have that plug on the right, in picture one, does that mean i dont have the usb?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a USB with an aftermarket head unit but you should be able to do that with the uconnect port there.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
how so? the cord is a male ipod only and and i cant find anything that the end that plugs into the truck fits.

if that makes sense.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The end that plugs into the truck is some weird red 16 pin connector, and the other end is an ipod end.

Chucky44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Hi guys,

I was able to find the USB connector in my truck.

I just have one question, when you play mp3 files using a USB stick then turn off/on the truck it doesn't resume playing the files on the USB stick, instead it plays the radio station. Do you guys have the same issue with yours?

Thanks.

cowboydat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the very usefull info saved me a few dollars

I was trying to figure out if my truck had one i found the little plug with the red strip and thought i needed to buy the rest of the connector . But always good to read the whole thread . After reading about the person going back and relooking again behind the support strut i found mine and is working great .

ShyBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't find mine...I don't have the uconnect though. It's just the plain ol 2 knob stereo.:confused:

dundonrl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I can't find mine...I don't have the uconnect though. It's just the plain ol 2 knob stereo.:confused:

I have the 130 RES, without the Bluetooth etc, but it does have the Sirius/XM satellite setup.. is this a Uconnect setup?