2018 Ram Truck usb center console not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrbo64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 8.4 inch Uconnect Radio to a crassh so I replaces it with a cheep Android Radio but My Center console USB Terminals don't work. I connected the 6 pin USB Connector that came with the unit but it won't start Android Auto, it barley charges. Is there a connector that I can buy to get my center console to work and I forgot which wire it was on when I disconnected the radio Please Help
Thanks

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 8.4 inch Uconnect Radio to a crassh so I replaces it with a cheep Android Radio but My Center console USB Terminals don't work. I connected the 6 pin USB Connector that came with the unit but it won't start Android Auto, it barley charges. Is there a connector that I can buy to get my center console to work and I forgot which wire it was on when I disconnected the radio Please Help
Thanks
I have no experience with aftermarket head units in a Ram truck but I have installed them in a Honda and a Hyundai. Both of those vehicles needed a small aftermarket interface unit for the factory USB hub to work with the aftermarket head unit. The Honda used a PAC Audio interface and the Hyundai used an Axxess interface. Crutchfield helped me select both units, maybe try them for assistance. Also, check your head unit USB inputs as some head units allow for AA/CP connectivity on all USB inputs and other head units only allow connectivity on a single designated input.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Mopar Factory USB Hubs typically won't work with aftermarket head units for AA/CP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357