USB / I phone port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LDO1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I apologize if this has been discussed. I have a 2012 Ram and would like to replace the stock charging port on the right side of the dash with one with a USB and an iphone plug so that I don't have a bunch of adapters and stuff. Can anyone recommend some that would fit well in the stock location? I've seen some that have digital readouts but I didn't want anything like that draining the battery over time; I don't drive the truck often and it's not on a tender. Thank you.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I apologize if this has been discussed. I have a 2012 Ram and would like to replace the stock charging port on the right side of the dash with one with a USB and an iphone plug so that I don't have a bunch of adapters and stuff. Can anyone recommend some that would fit well in the stock location? I've seen some that have digital readouts but I didn't want anything like that draining the battery over time; I don't drive the truck often and it's not on a tender. Thank you.
Are you talking about replacing the 110 connection just below the right vent with USB? Got a pic to share for your location?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
A quick Google search pops up one that looks like it fits the bill QC3 and PD charging capabilities
Quick Charge 4.0 PD Type C and Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger Socket, https://a.co/d/gubfY0c
It should be the same diameter of the round USB charging ports/power points found on the dash and center console.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
LINKIf just swapping in a USB charger plug, you can save some time using thus for power source if you don't want to cut/cut into any factory wires. Check your connector, but many use this type in link.

Also a great add on for those adding heated seats into there vehicles.

OP
OP
LDO1

LDO1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
LINKIf just swapping in a USB charger plug, you can save some time using thus for power source if you don't want to cut/cut into any factory wires. Check your connector, but many use this type in link.

Also a great add on for those adding heated seats into there vehicles.
Thank you this is awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357