USB suddenly not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So ever since I got my 2013 Laramie long horn I have always had my lightning cable plugged into the open USB next to the ad slot. Yesterday I started getting a device is unusable error message and if I use the covered USB plug (where it currently is) everything works fine. What the heck could have happened? The open socket still charges my phone just fine it just won't let me play music through it...

Attachments

• IMG_3375.jpg
    IMG_3375.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
T

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Never mind it just switches to Bluetooth audio when I plug it in as shown. I guess the circuit board is gone? The aux and sd slots are fine

OP
OP
T

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Well for anyone who finds this thread, the part number for the media hub hub is 68096428AD

And yes it is called a media hub hub lol. I ordered a new hub to see if that's the problem. It should arrive Tuesday, if that doesn't work I have an appointment for Wednesday to bring it to the stealership.