'03 1500 Dash Speaker Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dat_HEMI_Tho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 SLT 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
Hey guys! Welp I'm new to this forum and trucks in general... gettin' my permit in a few months and got me a '03 1500 HEMI 4x4 Quad Cab ^_^...wiiiiiith 210,000 miles. Anyways, found a couple 4 inch speakers laying around and though it would be nice to fit them into my pickup. As any kid would've done, I popped the part of the dash where speakers would have been if it had an infinity sound system (you wouldn't believe how much dust where under those panels!). In the holes where the 3 1/2 speakers would have been, the speakers seem to drop in pretty snug but I have absolutely no clue where to hook em up to! I already have the panel what fits around the radio popped off, the panel under the steering wheel, and the panel where the dash speakers are on. Speakers say *** TX-1402 4" 2-Way IMPP Cone Coaxial Car Speakers 100W Max. 4 Ohm.

Thanks to anyone willing to help out some random kid!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
:welcome: to the land of Ram's. Not sure but if the truck did not come factory with the infinity 7 speaker system you might have to do a bit of rigging. Check under the dash while you have the panels off for a connector within easy reach of where the speakers would have been installed. Now do not just hook the new speakers up, if you have an of speaker use that and hook it up to see if music comes out of it. That is the easiest way to see if you have the correct wiring. Now if you do not see any loose connectors (they MIGHT be tie wrapped up somewhere), then you will need to run a pair of speaker wires from the radio itself IF it has the capabilities to run another pair, if not then run the wires from the front door speakers to the location of the new speakers. Might not sound as great as the infinity system, but will work in a pinch.

Which radio does the truck have in it??? That will allow me to find out if it can support the dash speakers or if you will need to run the speaker wire from the doors.

OP
OP
D

Dat_HEMI_Tho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 SLT 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
:welcome: to the land of Ram's. Not sure but if the truck did not come factory with the infinity 7 speaker system you might have to do a bit of rigging. Check under the dash while you have the panels off for a connector within easy reach of where the speakers would have been installed. Now do not just hook the new speakers up, if you have an of speaker use that and hook it up to see if music comes out of it. That is the easiest way to see if you have the correct wiring. Now if you do not see any loose connectors (they MIGHT be tie wrapped up somewhere), then you will need to run a pair of speaker wires from the radio itself IF it has the capabilities to run another pair, if not then run the wires from the front door speakers to the location of the new speakers. Might not sound as great as the infinity system, but will work in a pinch.

Which radio does the truck have in it??? That will allow me to find out if it can support the dash speakers or if you will need to run the speaker wire from the doors.
Thanks for answering! Anyways I checked where the speakers go and I couldn't find any wires ******* anywhere. I bought my pickup with the standard factory radio so its looking like i'll find a way to run the wires from the front door speakers. I have been looking into aftermarket stereos though. Will getting an aftermarket radio make it easier to hook up the dash speakers?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Thanks for answering! Anyways I checked where the speakers go and I couldn't find any wires ******* anywhere. I bought my pickup with the standard factory radio so its looking like i'll find a way to run the wires from the front door speakers. I have been looking into aftermarket stereos though. Will getting an aftermarket radio make it easier to hook up the dash speakers?

If you get an aftermarket stereo that supports 7 channels then you may not have any problems at all. Just get the correct adaptor from Pac Audio for your truck. Use the adaptor to hook the stereo up to the factory speakers, then using the other 3 speaker wires that come off the stereo, hook them up directly to the stereo.