Going back to stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireblade910

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So bought my 07 1500 SLT last week and got a reasonable deal in part because the radio doesn't work due to the previous owner yanking the amp out before getting rid of it. This left the cords for the amp and speakers dangling out of the floor carpet under the drivers seat where the seatbelt wiring harness is.

I know how to wire up radios and such, but I am unfamiliar with the ram's speaker wire location. I'd like to jump in without pulling the door panels and ripping up the carpet off to locate the wire. Can someone point me in the way of a schematic for the stock wire locations? Thanks!

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
It would all depend on how the previous system was wired. Did they pull new wire from the amp all the way to the door speakers? Did they leave the stock wires behind the radio? Did they just tap into the door wires by the kick panel? It can be a mess figuring out how an old system was wired..lots of idiots and lazy people haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are so many variables that it will be impossible to tell you what to do without seeing exactly what the previous owner did. Best bet is to post a bunch of pictures here of what's going on. There are too many questions that need answered before we just start guessing.

Was there an aftermarket radio in before?
Did he use a harness or did he cut up the factory stuff?
Does the truck have a factory infinity amp?
Where are the output wires of the amp connected to the speakers?
Are the speakers factory or aftermarket?

Every install is different and this could be very easy to fix or very hard depending on if whoever did the install was a professional or a *******.