Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesmanjesse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, It's been a good long while since I posted up anything but I just haven't had any issues until now,lol.

I've got a 2006 with the RAQ Head unit and for the past 5 years the Sirius has worked for me for free. Turns out the previous owner just never took that receiver number off their account until this weekend,lol.

So now I figure I've got no excuse for no changing out my factory head unit,lol.

I have already changed out all the speaker to aftermarket ones and I have an amp and sub already under the back seat.

Here's my goals:

-Retain my steering wheel controls( at least the basics,volume, channel,etc.)
-Interface with my iphone 5 via blutooth or USB or whatever
-have the ability to use Sirius again if I decide to pay for it in the future(I would like to re-use the factory Sirius antenna if possible)
-not spend a crapload of money(Budget is tight right now)
-If it would be beneficial to bypass the factory amp behind the glovebox then I would want to do that as well so I guess if that's the case I'd like whatever headunit to have a pretty good RMS rating per channel.

Suggestions for a PoBoy? :favorites13:

Misfit Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would get a hold of crutchfield, they'll be able to help you with exactly what you want.

OP
OP
bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did go through Crutchfield's website and get a lot of good info, I'm still a little sketchy on what I need to use to utilize my current satellite antenna though.

OP
OP
bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone make a good interface for the RAQ that works with the iPhone 5? I've got an older unit from PAC on there now but it doesn't work with my new phone, it worked great with my old iPhone 3GS.