High powered fog lights, 1000watts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I was out on a HOS ship this past weekend helping with a Chevron pipe install. Anyways, while on the site, we had several 1000 watt work lights. I got to thinking, these things were very efficient on power, and could be purchased online or possibly at a home depot. These suckers are super bight. They make night time day time, imagine if they were used as behind the grill auxiliary fog lights. They are usually not even shined on the work area, they are pointed at walls which then pretty much bounces off and lights up all over.

Additional batteries would be used, and they wouldn't be turned on for long periods of time.

Its kind of like changing your horn to a train horn haha.

Anyone got some thoughts about this idea?

Last edited:

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
i would say just go for hid's. you wont need an extra battery setup and if you really need more light than they put out you should probably be pulling one of these around with you.. and if you did have light like this on your truck you would need an onboard generator to power them.
FAHlDZRksY07OnZ2jA6fLtk0MWKoURs6wPCXUNvUkV5Z6By8HQ.jpg

and if you did have light like this on your truck you would need an onboard generator to power them.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I hope not on a vehicle that would be crazy. I think the ones they use on rally cars are bright enough. You'd need at least 85 amps if you run them off of your 12 vdc system.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those aren't the lights I am speaking of. Thats overkill

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Im running 2 hids and 4 fogs .. I would recommend a dual battery set up . I did this and the lights are now brighter than before .