Need source for dually Side Marker Lamp SOCKETs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 Diesel
I've noticed that posts/questions like this don't usually get much response, but I have done a pretty exhaustive search and am running out of places to look. So...
My 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 "side marker" (rear fender) lights have pretty much baked the lamp sockets. I tried a few ways to try and salvage/repair them, but for some reason, all four of them have a good bit of resistance between the connector blades on the truck wiring side to the lamp/lens side. One of them makes no connection at all. So, I began searching for replacements. The last place I want to purchase them from is Dodge/Chrysler ... they are insanely over priced! In fact, Dodge doesn't have a listing for just the Socket! They WILL sell you the entire assembly for only $81.00... Each!
My searches online through multiple sources have proved unsuccessful; and many of the "possible" replacements were fairly pricey too. I looked to Amazon, eBay, and numerous "Google" searches. The closest I came to finding the actual "lamp sockets" was from a source (eBay seller, QuirkParts) that shows images for sockets for 2002 - 2004 (also, for 1998 - 2010, with different part #) Jeep (Liberty) side marker lights; and, those only "look like mine as far as the eye can tell by their online images." Their part numbers don't match my Dodge's.
Even local salvage yards don't seem to have any of these. Side note: I have noted that salvage yards aren't overly excited about helping you if you are searching for a "small ticket" item.
So I was hoping someone in the Forum might have some of these from an old "parts truck" or know of someone who does. I really only need the sockets, but am absolutely willing to buy all four complete assemblies from a used source... for a "reasonable" price.
I will be very appreciative for any help anyone can offer, and "Thank you!" in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RonG

RonG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 Diesel
18CrewDually, Thanks. The part you found is the entire assembly and all I actually need is that little grey piece sticking out the back of it; the lamp "socket".
Yeah, my local NAPA parts store looked up Dorman parts for just the sockets and was unable to locate those. At the time that I went to NAPA, I didn't know it was going to be such an impossible thing to find "just the socket". Since the only thing I really need is the socket, itself, I didn't opt for purchasing the entire assembly. I had already purchased the lens/housing assemblies in smoke color lens (but they stick on with 3M tape -- I've already made plans for improvising my OEM housing pieces and sticking the new lens to those) and wasn't looking to purchase an additional set of assemblies. The new replacement assemblies do not have the sockets, but have led lights that are wired to plug directly into the original sockets. It's kind of a shame to have to purchase yet another four assemblies just to get the needed sockets, but it is beginning to look like that's what will be required.

By the way, that Dorman part, for $28, is the same as what Dodge wants $81 !

Last edited:

crow5716

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just went through trying to find this. After some searching I found it at AutoZone. The guy told me the part number I wanted didn't fit my truck but when he grabbed it off the shelf it was exactly what I needed.

I hope this helps someone in the future and if that link stops working one day the part is called Duralast Marker Light Socket 1197

From AutoZone...
Part #
SKU #

Last edited:

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've noticed that posts/questions like this don't usually get much response, but I have done a pretty exhaustive search and am running out of places to look. So...
My 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 "side marker" (rear fender) lights have pretty much baked the lamp sockets. I tried a few ways to try and salvage/repair them, but for some reason, all four of them have a good bit of resistance between the connector blades on the truck wiring side to the lamp/lens side. One of them makes no connection at all. So, I began searching for replacements. The last place I want to purchase them from is Dodge/Chrysler ... they are insanely over priced! In fact, Dodge doesn't have a listing for just the Socket! They WILL sell you the entire assembly for only $81.00... Each!
My searches online through multiple sources have proved unsuccessful; and many of the "possible" replacements were fairly pricey too. I looked to Amazon, eBay, and numerous "Google" searches. The closest I came to finding the actual "lamp sockets" was from a source (eBay seller, QuirkParts) that shows images for sockets for 2002 - 2004 (also, for 1998 - 2010, with different part #) Jeep (Liberty) side marker lights; and, those only "look like mine as far as the eye can tell by their online images." Their part numbers don't match my Dodge's.
Even local salvage yards don't seem to have any of these. Side note: I have noted that salvage yards aren't overly excited about helping you if you are searching for a "small ticket" item.
So I was hoping someone in the Forum might have some of these from an old "parts truck" or know of someone who does. I really only need the sockets, but am absolutely willing to buy all four complete assemblies from a used source... for a "reasonable" price.
I will be very appreciative for any help anyone can offer, and "Thank you!" in advance.
Did you ever find any lights I switched all my lights with an aftermarket LED light system I bought off Amazon. they sent 6lights for each red and yellow for the price it was going to cost me for 1 Ram light. they have chrome bezels also.