By pass parking brake switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THEBAD1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Sport SLT QC2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

Replaced my old headunit and putting in a New Kenwood. Qusetion?

How can I bypass the barking brake switch wire (for the DVD), so the DVD can play all the time? As my old DVD headunit did not have it ...lost

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
With my old Jensen radio, there was a pink wire that you run to the parking brake. I simply didn't hook that wire up, so DVDs played all the time.

I would think there is a similar wire on your Kenwood.

OP
OP
THEBAD1

THEBAD1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Sport SLT QC2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With my old Jensen radio, there was a pink wire that you run to the parking brake. I simply didn't hook that wire up, so DVDs played all the time.

I would think there is a similar wire on your Kenwood.

Yes it dose have a wire and like my old one I did not hook it up but, the new headunit is picking up it's not hooked up.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Now that you mention it, it seems like there was a code or something I still had to punch in. It's been too long though. Did you try Googling it?

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my kenwood I ran that wire to ground and it worked perfect. My understanding is that Kenwoods are easier to bypasss then some other models.

OP
OP
THEBAD1

THEBAD1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Sport SLT QC2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my kenwood I ran that wire to ground and it worked perfect. My understanding is that Kenwoods are easier to bypasss then some other models.

Yeap, that is all I had to do...was ground it! Now I just have to find out why the VideoOut is not working? .... always something LOL!

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
youtube the model, on the pioneer avh-....you gotta wire a relay in there its not as hard as you think but thats what i did with my fatherinlaws new jeep...

OP
OP
THEBAD1

THEBAD1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Sport SLT QC2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All fixed and working fine.....thanks for the inputs!