Wiring diagram help ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for a wiring diagram for the starter to the fuse box for the starter relay have no ground to my started looking to see what wire goes to terminal 85 for the starter relay ??

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Get you a Haynes repair manuel they have a wiring diagram .Or go to a dealership and see if they will look it up and print you a copy of the wiring diagram.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
If your starter isn't grounding then I will bet money it's your tipcm. The traces on the box's circuit board get corroded easily.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your starter isn't grounding then I will bet money it's your tipcm. The traces on the box's circuit board get corroded easily.

A 2003 truck does not have a TIPM. Just a PDC and FCM, basically just a fuse box.

Your starter should get it’s ground through the motor itself. The only ground involved is usually for the starter relay, which also usually goes through your neutral safety switch. In most older vehicles the starter relay has to get 12v from the ignition switch when in “start” and has to have a ground through the neutral safety switch to close the relay and allow power to go to the starter.

This may not be exact for your truck because I don’t have a 2003 to look at. But this is a general layout of how most vehicles in 2003 did it so I would start with your neutral safety switch if you’re sure you have no ground at the relay. It will either be pin 85 or 86. One of the two will get 12v in start, and the other should have continuity to a ground or battery negative.

Last edited: