2011 ram 2500HD Laramine 4x4 megacab idle and running issues after start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cryotech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi there;

I am not sure if i am placing this in the right place or not..... Lately on my tuck i have been getting whats called a hemi tick (apparently its normal but i don't really buy that unless its actually solid it is "normal"). My next oil change is at 60,000. My truck is used of course and currently sits at 58,538km's. Which is just after i come back from my vacation next month.

The reason i'm posting is that i have a loss of power going forward for about 5 seconds when i was leaving my yard until i put in more throttle and the fluid temp gauge is showing as cold but all fluid levels are normal and after about 2 minutes the fluid temp gauge starts moving. There are no dash indicators at all and i did have 2 misfires in the winter because it was during the -45c range for me and corrected its self (hope it wasn't caused by this) and its fine after that but it happened twice in 2 days. I am going on my second year in owning it ATM. A friend of mine said it could be a fuel filter....but aren't fuel filters contained in the tanks and are a non-servicable item?

The oil is still good for a while yet (synthetic long life) but i'm more worried it could be something that is or can get worse in it. The truck is a 2011 ram 2500 Heavy duty Laramie 4x4 mega cab short box 5.7 hemi. Last year was my first year of owning it and it stalled a few times in the winter due to extreme cold but was perfectly fine, This is a first for me as not only am i still a new truck owner i am concerned if there is something actualy wrong with my truck.

If your wondering where i live i live in the north west territories Canada.

I am not sure if i stated correctly or not but since i got it i had 4 oil changes.