aftermarket fog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silversnake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
looking for info or a diagram for wiring after-market fog lights into my headlights. i want the fogs to turn on and off when the headlights do if possible any help would be great thanks

ll.jpg

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you feel comfortable with wiring, it would be fairly easy to tap into the low beam wire, and use that to trigger a relay for the fog lights.

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
you could just run your wire to the head light fuse that should work

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I agree with running a jumper wire from the fog lights to the switch wire that provides power to the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
silversnake

silversnake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
thanks guys, those i pilot brand light got them at advance auto parts

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
you could just run your wire to the head light fuse that should work

no fuse for the newer Rams.......all computer controlled.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That ^^^^ is what I was thinking. And if the draw increases across that circuit, will the headlights go out and will the MIL light up? I know on my truck, I can't have the high beams and fogs on at the same time (I could get a European PCM flash I suppose) but I'm thinking if the computer reads excessive power needed at the headlight circuit, it might shut them down.

OP
OP
silversnake

silversnake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
hmmm so i guess just to be safe ill do a separate switch. i dont wanna mess with that darn cpu

jimtete

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3 liter V-10
Yes I have a wiring diagram ... Just picked up a set of smoked fogs. I have to copy and post the sheet for ya ...... it is wired with a switch ....... gimee a few.

Jim

OP
OP
silversnake

silversnake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
i ended up wiring through there fuse box using the key only outlet for power. so if i forget to turn the switch off it will shot off when the key is out

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I have a wiring diagram ... Just picked up a set of smoked fogs. I have to copy and post the sheet for ya ...... it is wired with a switch ....... gimee a few.

Jim

can u post that diagram?

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i ended up wiring through there fuse box using the key only outlet for power. so if i forget to turn the switch off it will shot off when the key is out

where did you connect it on the fuse box? I can't find a key only circuit on mine.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Jim

I know this post is a couple months old, but Jim, if you still have this diagram, I could really use it.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I know this post is a couple months old, but Jim, if you still have this diagram, I could really use it.

are you planning on adding fogs? If so you can pick up the factory fog wire jumper for about $45 bucks I have a factory switch w/fogs and a set of the mopar fogs w/mounting hardware that come with the mopar fog light kit that I could sell for about $75 plus cost of shipping.

This is the jumper wire part # 68045949AA

This is the kit I bought then ended up only using the jumper. I had previously bought the headlight switch.

Fog Lights, LIGHT KIT. (1). Fog-Complete. Install Time 1.5 hrs. for DODGE RAM 1500 (2009, 2010, 2011) (82211694AB)

Also here is another thread dealing with adding fogs that has pics. you would also need to have the dealer flash the evic.

This site is very help full

https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

Last edited:

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
are you planning on adding fogs? If so you can pick up the factory fog wire jumper for about $45 bucks I have a factory switch w/fogs and a set of the mopar fogs w/mounting hardware that come with the mopar fog light kit that I could sell for about $75 plus cost of shipping. ]

Hmmm, I'll have to think about that. Might be a good alternative.

It's just that I'd like a little more light then the dim factory headlights, but I really don't want to get into HID conversions, etc.

What I really wanted to do was add some basic aftermarket driving lights that always come on automatically whenever the headlights are on. Or even better yet, when the parking lights are on so they are on with both high and low beams. I'd keep them aimed low enough to not blind people.

Plus both dealers in my area charge like $100 for flashing addons.