Bully Dog Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Hey Guys,

Just ordered my bully dog gt 40417 tuner and it should be here tomorrow. I found some interested threads on the tuner so i though it would give it a try. One thing i would like to know is for the different tunes, what octane is consider stock, regular, and performance for the different tunes. Is it simply 89 for stock, and 93 for performance, but is regular 87? Please let me know as i don't want to do any damage to the truck.

thanks guys.

pt1655

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
octanes

Hello, I also have the BullyDog on my 2012 Ram 1500 hemi. It's my understanding that 87 0r 89 is considered stock and 93 is performance. I use the truck mainly for towing our travel trailer so I have it set to performance and use only super duper 93 octane gas and I try to use only a top tier gas like Chevron, Texaco, etc. I have tried using midgrade 89 octane between trips with the BullyDog still set to performance and even here in hot Arizona, I have not noticed any knocking. For towing though I only use super.
Have fun!