Can I change the key fob into a normal keyless entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleeper.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I hate the key fob. If I put it in my purse or pocket, it unlocks the truck. I am also having trouble getting it to lock the truck. I bought my 2012 Ram used. Not good with this type of stuff. The problem is the buttons for fob are not recessed inside the fob. Maybe there may be a case I can buy for it?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 and I have the same problem. I am constantly hitting the buttons when I have it in my pocket. The panic button goes off all of the time and I have even had the remote start go off. I haven't heard of anyone offering a different key fob but it is definitely annoying. I usually don't put my key fob in my pocket anymore because of it going off and that makes it more likley for me to lose my keys. It probably wouldn't be to difficult to find something to put it in. Maybe an old sunglass case?

armstrong87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There maybe some kind of case to put over it, and that would cause the buttons to recess some

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep my fob and other keys on one of those carabiner clips and hang them from my belt loop. I've only recently bought my 2011 with the typical dodge fob but I've been carrying my keys like this for years and never had a problem. I even carry my harley security fob the same way but on a different clip so I'm not riding with 15 keys. The clips are only a couple bucks and its better than having your pockets full all the time. A woman wearing a dress obviously won't be able to clip it to a belt loop but they can still clip it to the pocketbook strap to keep the keys from falling to the bottom of the pocketbook.